How to get ready for a date!

Just going on a date is nerve racking enough, thinking about “Do I have something in my teeth?”, “Do I look fat in this dress?”, “Can he see that giant zit in the middle of my forehead?” Let alone thinking about the perfect makeup for a date night! Relax and put on some music while you get ready to put yourself in a good and playful mood. Most importantly you must be yourself and not be accused of “false advertising” later on! I should have taken my own advice, when I was dating my husband I would spend so much time primping; Busting out my highest stilletos to make myself a little taller, false lashes to bat at him so he would have something to remember and doing squats for about 15 minutes before I left to give my legs that extra tone look followed by enough self tanner to win a body building contest! Yes, I am too guilty of false advertising. In reality men just want you to be you! So be yourself, but yourself amped up a bit so you look your best. My favorite makeup is “flirty makeup” which has a daytime version and then a nightime version. I believe that when going on a date your makeup should not get more attention than you! Make your eyes the main focus of your makeup and your lips a little softer in color, but with a shine to die for! The hottie above has the perfect Date Makeup for a nightime date; Her eyes are smokey and sultry while her lips looks good enough to kiss! But ladies don’t go there on the first date, he must wait for that sweet kiss.



Ok, so I always say that wearing false lashes is ok, but for a date falsies are a must! Don’t scare him with a full set of long tarantula lashes, instead cut the strip of lashes in half and wear them just on the outer edge of the eye for a flirty flair. If applied correctly you will be the only one to notice them. If you have a fun and spontaneous man (Like me!) he may some surprises hidden for you, like going to an amusement park or who knows where! So my pont is to be prepared and always wear during and non fussy makeup that will last you all night. Waterproof eye makeup is always a good idea along with a simle lip look to not spend your whole night touching up, he may want some attention too:) Your large Hobo bag may be cute for daytime, but ditch that bag for something small and trendy for a nightime date. remember to be prepared, but not over prepared and bring the makeup in shich you will need to touch up with. these are my suggestions for your cosmetic bag: Pressed Powder Compact for t-zone touch ups, Black Eye Khol for the inner rim of the eye to add a little more drama, concealer for any redness or emergency, eye drops to take the red out, mints for fresh breath:), a natural lip liner (waterproof if possible) and of course your non-sticky lip gloss.


I forgot to mention to always carry a small perfume (sample sizes are perfect!) because a little freshen up will never hurt anyone! Have fun on your date and remember to just be yourself and to have a lot of fun! Oh and please don’t wear denim or flats on a first date, wear your heels and a fun dress or skirt! by Danica Jardien